In memory of our beloved Marvin Knopp who died on December 24, 2011

Many people who loved Marvin were not able to attend his funeral because of the suddenness of his death. For those of you who would like to view the service for my father please click on this YouTube link.

Please note that this link consists of four sequential videos totaling 71 minutes in length.

Contributions in his memory may be made to Camphill Soltane, 224 Nantmeal Road, Glenmoore, Pennsylvania 193434, or to Meir Panim.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Sister Ann Heath

Marvin and I had a marvelous adventure from the first day he met me and told me, “you WILL study complex analysis!” Marvin was a devoted teacher, friend, and mentor. I cannot imagine life without his constant invitation to me to be a part of the mathematics community. He was one of the most creative individuals I have ever encountered who knew his students, enjoyed being with them, and helped each of us in unique and personal ways to fulfill our goals. I will miss him deeply.
Sister Ann